JEDDAH/WASHINGTON, November 29, 2025 (by Michael Dickens)
While Czechia’s Jakub Mensik and Learner Tien of the United States are the most well-known of the entrants who will contest for the Next Gen ATP Finals presented by PIF title next month in Jeddah, the three players who were named to the eight-person field on Friday represent a trio of up-and-coming European stars. Any of them could wind up as the 2025 champion.
The ATP Tour announced the addition of Dino Prizmic of Croatia, Martin Landaluce of Spain and Nicolai Budkov Kjaer of Norway to the eight-player field for the 20-and-under event that will take place from December 17-21.
Each player established themselves this season on the ATP Challenger Tour – breaking through to win a combined seven singles titles. The 127th-ranked Prizmic prevailed in winning titles at Zagreb and Bratislava; Landaluce won at Orleans; and Budkov Kjaer was a four-time champion, at Glasgow, Tampere, Astana and Mouilleron le Captif.
Ticket stamped ️#NextGenATPFinals pic.twitter.com/Xh2dryeUgP
— Next Gen ATP Finals (@nextgenfinals) November 27, 2025
Prizmic, 20, who won the Roland-Garros junior boys’ singles title and an ATP Challenger Tour title in 2023, came back from an injury-plagued 2024 season to win a pair of crowns on clay in the capital cities of Croatia and Slovakia this year. In addition, he was a quarterfinalist on the ATP Tour at Umag, qualified for the US Open and earned a tour-level win in Changdu. He compiled a 39-15 win-loss record in all competitions this season.
“I am really excited to qualify for Jeddah,” Prizmic told the ATP Tour website this week. “This season was full of ups and downs but I am really happy with how the season has ended.”
Meanwhile, No. 135 Landaluce, who went 37-29 in all competitions in 2025, qualified for the Australian Open and won a main-draw match at the Cincinnati Open Masters 1000 event to go along with his title success in Orleans, France, where the 19-year-old Spaniard won his first ATP Challenger Tour title of the year and second at that level.
Martin Landaluce is in!
After serving as an alternate in 2024, the Spaniard has qualified for Jeddah#NextGenATPFinals | : Pierre Froger pic.twitter.com/uqZdh8Ypld
— Next Gen ATP Finals (@nextgenfinals) November 28, 2025
“I try to reply on discipline more than motivation,” Landaluce told the ATP Tour website this summer. “A lot of people think motivation comes first, but for me, discipline comes first and that brings motivation. You start doing something, and as you get better, you start enjoying it more. That’s where the motivation comes from.”
As for the 19-year-old Budkov Kjaer, ranked 132nd, he won his first ATP Tour main-draw match at Bastad on clay, after coming through qualifying, and took off from there. The 2024 Wimbledon junior boys’ champion won titles on the ATP Challenger Tour on both outdoor and indoor hard courts as well as on clay. In all competitions, he went 48-27 this season.
Glasgow
Tampere
Astana
Mouilleron-le-CaptifNicolai Budkov Kjaer has claimed FOUR @ATPChallenger titles in 2025… And now, he’s secured his spot in Jeddah! #NextGenATPFinals | : Pierre Froger pic.twitter.com/UcUvOcm3Zs
— Next Gen ATP Finals (@nextgenfinals) November 28, 2025
Earlier, the 19th-ranked Mensik, last year’s finalist Tien, ranked No. 28, and No. 115 Alexander Blockx of Belgium were named to the Next Gen ATP Finals field, while last year’s champion, No. 24 Joao Fonseca of Brazil, who was second in the PIF ATP Live Race to Jeddah, withdrew from the competition due to an injury.


