VANCOUVER, August 21, 2015
Three-time Odlum Brown VanOpen champion Dudi Sela of Israel moved on to the quarterfinals with a win over qualifier Guido Andreozzi of Argentina. The two men battled for just over two hours and Sela was leading the third set 1-0 when Andreozzi was forced to retire due to illness. Others who won on Thursday to advance to the quarters are 2014 Odlum Brown VanOpen Finalist Farrukh Dustov of Uzbekistan, India’s Yuki Bhandri, and Estonia’s Jurgen Zopp.
Men’s doubles saw the team of North Vancouver’s Philip Bester and Ruben Bemelmans of Belgium fall to India’s Yuki Bhambri and Michael Venus of New Zealand, 7-6(4), 6-3.
Men’s Main Draw Singles Second Round
- Farrukh Dustov, Uzbekistan, def. Illya Marchenko, Ukraine, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2,
- Yuki Bhambri, India, def. Marius Copil, Romania, 3-6, 7-6(3), 6-2,
- Dudi Sela, Israel, def. (Q) Guido Andreozzi, Argentina, 6-7(4), 7-5, 1-0 retired,
- Jurgen Zopp, Estonia, def. Matteo Donati, Italy, 6-7(5), 6-2, 6-2.
Men’s Main Draw Doubles First Round
- Austin Krajicek, United States, and Nicholas Monroe, United States, def. Brydan
- Klein, Great Britain, and Andrew Whittington, Australia, 6-7(4), 7-6(4), 10-8,
- John Millman, Australia, and Luke Saville, Australia, def. Guido Andreozzi, Argentina, and Dean O’Brien, South Africa, walkover,
- Yuki Bhambri, India, and Michael Venus, New Zealand, def. Philip Bester, Canada, and Ruben Bemelmans, Belgium, 7-6(4), 6-3.